Followers

Saturday, June 30, 2012

I guess I actually had 2 birthdays this year.  My daughter and
her husband arrived on Friday with a new garden sit/kneel
bench and a smoke/carbon monoxide detector to replace
the one in the cellar.  Both things I could use.  My daughter
did some paper work for me and then took me shopping at
Hannaford and the Pet Shop.  While we were gone her husband
hardwired the detector in with battery backup, put the screens
in both front and porch doors and started the attack on the
horrible invasive vine that is threatening the north side of my
house!!
     We went out for a late dinner at the New Socials.  I had a
Hawaiian Punch, sirloin steak with mustard sauce, mashed
potato with sauce and cherry tomatoes.  The usual veg medley
included 2 kinds of squash which I hate hence the tomato for
me.  Could not possibly have forced dessert down!!  Yes I
had steak and a drink 2 nights in a row!!
Got home about 9:30 and they collected their groceries and
their dog Iggy and left.  I read and wached the 11pm news,
went online and did my mail, played a few card games and
went to bed about 12:50am to read for half an hour like I
always do.   Another very good day.
    The only bad thing was that I had forgotten my daughter's
wedding anniversary...feel really badly about it but can't rectify
the fact that I forgot..... If I am still alive and compos mentis
next year I shall have to do something special.































No comments:

Post a Comment