Followers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

     I finished reading "Catherine the Great" yesterday before going to bed.  She died on Nov 6, 1796 at the age of 67, probably of a stroke.  She was active right to the last and most of the land she acquired thru war and annexation remained under Russian influence until WW2.   I enjoyed the many side stories re Europe and its rulers as well as her story.  A cousin visited me last Sat and said her husband had just finished reading it and had liked it also.
     Today, a complete change of pace.  Read 340 pages of David Baldacci's  "The Innocent".   I have the large print edition which is 641 pages long.  He is one of my favorite authors.  He is an excellent  story teller and his books keep those pages turning.  Font changed on me again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment