Followers

Monday, June 4, 2012

I did read a lot on Sun... about another 100 pages plus of Catherine the Great.  She became Empress of Russia on June 28, 1762....this a meaningful date to me...I don't mean 1762!!  If you know me you will know what I am referring to.  Today I am on page 343 and reading about her correspondence with Voltaire among others.
      Played Bridge this afternoon and won for the 3rd week in a row...will have to lose soon or no one will want to play with me!
     In the news today was a feature story about a mother in Phoenix, Arizona, who left her 5 week old baby on the roof of her car in its(? gender) carrier and never stopped when it fell off.  It was reported that she had been smoking pot!  I have been on the fence about marijuana but this incident definitely puts me against it.  I do think it should be approved for medical use if this can be done in a responsible way.  Marijuana will just add to the number of road accidents.  We alreadyhave enough caused by alcoholic drivers.  The baby luckily is OK.
    After reading this article I was watching MSNBC and they were having a discussion on marijuana one person for and one against.  Obviously none of them had read the paper I did.  Sent along a few words to inform them.

No comments:

Post a Comment