Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2012

     I did finish "The Innocent" on Thurs.  Enjoyed the fast pace.    Did not start another book until Friday nite bedtime as I had relatives visiting.  My nephew and his wife have been here since  Tues 6/5 .    We ate out as a family group that nite at Three Tomatoes then to my daughter's house.   We have played cards frequently since then.  They have also taken me to various places including the Vermont Country Store and grocery shopping!  They left Wed 6/13 and are headed to Indiana to visit his sisters then back to Iowa for Father's Day with his dad and mom.  Then they will head to CA to visit my son before they fly out of San Francisco back to their home in Korea. 
     About  ?ten years ago I came across a paperback in a used book place which I bought.  It was called "The Silver Pig".   As I often do I put in one of my many bookcases and resurected  it one day when I was out of library books.  I realized that it was part of a series and have been trying to find them all ever since. I am reading them in order of publication and still missimg 3 of them. I am out of library books so I am reading book number 10.  I like stories about other time periods and this takes place in Roman Times...this one specifically in AD73 and 74.  It is the story of Didius Falco an informer and amateur detective, his adventures and home life.  Not a fast read as it is full of details re  Roman life, dress, eating, fighting, traveling etc., but I like it.  The author is Lindsey Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment