Followers

Monday, September 3, 2012

I did play Bridge twice last week. First place on Mon with great cards but very bad on Wed, did not win the booby though! Started Fallen Angel by Daniel Silva on Mon 8/27 and did not finish it until Sun 9/2. It was good story, a bit far out but I like his style. It was one of his Gabriel Allon novels, so it was about spies and art. The only reason it took me so long to read this book is the fact that I am also working on the family tree. My paternal grandfather's side has already had quite a bit of work done. I posted all of this on my family tree site then decided to go back into my grandmother's family. Much to my delight and surprise it lead me directly back to Acadia. The last birth date I can be sure of is one in 1713 in Acadie as it is called in French records. Am still digging!! Also tried to find records further back in my grandfather's family...so much material to plow thru ...leaves me feeeling crosseyed!! Also started looking at Ellis Island sites for my husband's family. Am now reading Zoo by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge. Very unsettling idea....animals becoming more aggressive and killing humans left and right. Well written though, started it last night and have already read 242 of its 527 pages...it is large print. My daughter drove us out to my sister's at the lake this afternoon and we stayed for dinner. Visited with her grandaughter, who is there with husband and 2 children. Watched some TV and then turned it off at 10:30....enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment