Followers

Monday, September 10, 2012

"City of Dreams" Finished Zoo...very well written and unusual story. Started "City of Dreams" Wed nite. Published in 2001, I picked up a hard cover at a used book store ages ago but had not gotten around to reading it. Author is Beverly Swerling. It is a story about New Amsterdam and early Manhattan. It is rather long .. 591 pages but I am enjoying it very much. It starts in 1861 and follows certain family members thru the years to 1878. Less than a hundred pages left to read. If you are interested in New York you would like this story. I will have to look this author up online as I cannnot remember reading her before. I made a mistake re the pricing of My Heritage space for my family tree...It is $108 for 2 years and I did get it. Have checked on one match and got an email from Canada but it has not helped yet....early days. Email was mostly in French so will try to answer it in French sometime soon ...will be challenge as I have forgotten most of my French learned at home and my writing will probably be "terrible". Played Bridge today and will play Wed. Had no luck ..was third. This flexible Mon group is what I call the nurses' group as everyone is an retired RN with the exception of one NA who we trained to become surgical asst. I don't think there is anyone younger than 70 and the oldest is 95! It is always 4 nurses but not always the same four. It is a fun group but playng serious Bridge! Hve finished watching "Lillie" on Netflix..4 discs telling the story of Lily Langtry the actress.. will get 4 stars from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment