Followers

Saturday, September 15, 2012

"Wicked Business","Operation Napoleon" and Genealogy! Finished City of Dreams Tues nite before going to bed. Started Wicked Business Wed. and finished it Fri. It was rather silly, although I like Janet Evanovich, I doubt if I will read any more of this series. I think Operation Napoleon will be much better. I did look up Beverly Swerling online and found three other books she has written all about old NY. Hope to get them from library as I cannot get them for my Kindle. They are all City of...Glory...God... and Promise. Played Bridge Wed and had ok cards. Played and made bid of 6NT .... was my best hand of the week!! Three tables ... was fourth out of twelve players. My daughter was here today and we went to the Pet Store, Market Basket, Hannaford and Leo's. Got home and found I had forgotten my key! Have not done that for years. Kathryn was able to get in by the side porch..which I now have locked up. She also rehung one of my wall baskets which I had taken down one night when there was a chance of frost. Cannot get it up myself because of my bad shoulder. Soon all the flowers will be gone but they have been beautiful. I did write my French email!! It was in answer to a reply I got from My Heritage. I have made a little progress on the family tree...found Adeline Hitchcock in the 1852 Canadian census with her husband Eugene Rousseau and five children which must be hers. The youngest is 2 but there is no Cornelia. As Adeline is only 34 at this time, I assume she may have had more children. Am still digging!! Very time consuming but most interesting. Some areas of the census include how many animals, fruit trees and guns the families had!

No comments:

Post a Comment