Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A SUNLESS SEA.....by Anne Perry........................ Have been watching "Hawthorn" from Netflix. Story of strong nurse,CNO that started off very well but in the third season is not quite as good .. or I am sick of it. I finished reading "Excavation" on Sun and started "A Sunless Sea" by one of my favorite authors. This is one of her William Monk stories set in England in 1864. He heads the river police and has a very charming wife Hester who was a nurse in the Crimean war and now runs a clinic for stret women. She always gets involved in his cases. I can't remember how many Perry has written with these same characters but they have all been very good as is this one. Each book can stand alone but it is better if you have read them all. Am trying to get dining room picked up so my son and I can eat in there. He will be arriving a week from this Sat. Played Bridge on Mon but played badly and had bad cards. Wed went to Dr. Schnieder who performed my lumpectomy. Says all is OK and will have mammogram in Dec. Have been feeling very tired lately and plagued by my usual trouble which seems to be worsening. Kathryn took me to the MD on Wed and also to Biron's to look at flooring for my downstairs bathroom. Brought home 2 samples and got an estimate. Really want to do this. We also went to Beaver Pond Farm..I got corn. Later did grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment