Followers

Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'm still reading Wolf Hall...on page 385 out of 532. Being familiar with this period in history makes it easier reading as the author flits about with different characters and also injects scenes from the past. One review calls it "cleanly and tightly written" but I did not find it so, rather it sprawls along but in an interesting way. It's basically a different view of Thomas Cromwell. If you watched "The Tudors" on TV or netflix, you will follow this book more easily. A friend picked me up yesterday for a foot appointment and arrived with a hot grilled cheese and ham sandwich which I ate on the way. She also brought me 2 freshly made whoopie pies. This was very kind of her. Tastes so good when made by someone else for a change!! Have to call the store as I think they overcharged me Tuesday on two items....grrrr.....Did my big monthly shopping so was tired and did not pay attention!!

No comments:

Post a Comment