Followers

Friday, August 24, 2012

Had very bad luck at Bridge on the 15th and have not played since. Monday Bridge cancelled due to illnesss of one member's son and lack of substitutes. Am only a sub on Wed and was not invited. My sister did come over Sun Afternoon and we played Hand and Foot. My other sister did not come this summer for her usual 3 weeks and I missed her a lot. Started Bring up the Bodies on the 16th. It is the sequel to Wolf Hall and it wanders even more. It continues the story of Thomas Cromwell. They finally kill Ann Boleyn but it took ages to get to it. Can't recommend it. Did not finish it until the 21st. Started What Doesn't Kill You by Iris Johansen and I like it. Lots of story and action. Will finish it today. Have read other books by this author and all are good. My son is coming from CA in October. It will be great to see him. He was here last Oct also. He told me to plan on where I want to go but I'm afraid that every year leaves me less able. I do know we will go out every day and that is good for me. Hate not driving and being without a car!! My daughter is coming tomorrow to take me shopping. Have huge grocery list. Made my "hot" macaroni and beef dish this week as well as tuna/mac/pea salad.. Have been trying to just use Half and Half and not to buy milk but guess I will get one quart this week as I think I may make another coffee cake next week. The one I made with fresh blueberries was delicious. Have eaten half the frozen cheese cake I got from my grandaughter for my birthday. Excellent from Jimmy's in Brooklyn,NY. Time for the news now..............

No comments:

Post a Comment