Followers

Monday, November 12, 2012

THE BONE BED.....by Patricia Cornwell.................................................. Finished City of Promise on Nov 7 and started Bone Bed. Patricia Cornwell has written many good books but her last few have not kept me on the edge of my seat. Her heroine, medical examiner Kay Scarpetta, is now spending too much time analyzing her own actions and feelings. Heard about the "body" on page 30 or so and "got to the body" on page 103. Too slow for me!! So if you are a fan, as I am and keep hoping she will go back to writing the tight interesting mysteries of yore, you may want to read it any way. I have about 60 pages left and may finish it tonite, or fall asleep trying. I was very pleased with the outcome of the elections. Obama won and so did all the women I was rooting for, Hassan will be our new governor and although she was not my first choice as she has foolishly "signed the pledge"...no income tax or sales tax"...better her than radical republican, Lamontaigne. The storm Sandy that hit the coast did a great deal more damage than officials expected. Many people are still without electricity and many have lost everything. What a disaster. Today was one of the hottest November days I can remember...about 66 degrees!! I planted the paper whites my daughter got for me Sat when we went shopping. Made cabbage soup yesterday using my new 8 quart stock pot!.. It's very yummy..... My cat Bella is doing pretty well for 16...she takes her early am pill about every other day at the same time I take mine then we have to wait at least 1 hour before breakfast. Bella is supposed to take one a day but I am not going to try to force it into her mouth. We usually both go back to sleep for over and hour!! No bridge this week and going to foot clinic on Wed. Man is coming over to measure my bath room and I will at last have new flooring in January. Taxes up again as usual and due Dec 1.....making big inroads into my savings....worry, worry, worry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment