Followers

Sunday, November 4, 2012

CITY OF GOD....CITY OF PROMISE....................................................... Two weeks since I last blogged. Did finish City of Glory that day and have now finished City of God and have about 100 pages left of City of Promise. Have enjoyed these books tremendously and hate to see the story end. The books continue the story of mostly two families with additional characters all blended into NY City history and giving a real sensae of the city as it must have been with all the innovations of the era. I highly recommend these books by Beverly Swerling. I did not realize that there was a first one Shadowbrook....so please start there. Life here is just the same, reading, netflix and Bridge once or twice a week. Fortunately for us here in NH there was very little impact from hurricane Sandy. The pictures of NJ and NY show terrible damage to property and loss of life in too many cases. Many people are homeless and the weather is turning cold. With no electricity it will no doubt impact the outcome of the election. CT and RI were also hit but not as severely. The bad news is that there is now another storm just starting its way up the eastern coast. This one is predicted to come staight up toward New England! Supposed to hit ? Wed nite.... I intend to play bridge on Mon and Wed. I am promised a ride to the polls on Tues...hope they do not forget me!! I will be voting for President Obama as I did last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment