Followers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Just finished making veg/macaroni salad for tonite. Earlier made egg salad for mid day sandwich. My tomatoes and cucumbers don't look very good .. don't know why...new containers and all new soil this year. My CA begonias are doing just fine many blossoming now. Even the callas have a few flowers. I always pick some cause I like to see them up close in the house. Missed a special birthday for my son who lives in CA. Wish I could have been there but I don't think I can face a flight crammed in with others and certainly can't stand in any long lines especially not for the bathroom. I might be able to tolerate the flight in first class but that is not in my budget right now...having just paid high NH property taxes. What I really would like to do some year is to take the train from coast to coast! I'd see a few states that I have never been to and I think it would be fun. That is on my "bucket list". Since I last posted, finished book set in WW2 and read another on my Kindle.."Helpless" by David Palmer. I enjoyed this book about revenge and having the past catch up with one of the characters. Fast read. Now reading 3rd library book on Kindle. This one is set in England in the late 1700s and is about a surgeon with an interest in anatomy. Of course, they knew nothing then so this explores that theme and involves, of course "Murder"!! The name of this one is "The Anatomist's Apprentice" by Tessa Harris.

No comments:

Post a Comment